Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reflecting on Leadership for Change!

This cake is from Jennifer & I we wish you all the best......... Dr. Rock, YOU ROCK!!!!!!


The Sound Bite:
The one thing that I have learned this semester is FEAR can be conquered!

Personal Reflection:
I have read my entire blog. I felt sadness & joy reading my blog. Sadness of some of the hard times I have had, & joy of accomplishing many goals of mine. From my Son's defeat in not being able to finish out the football season and the many emotions he showed, to being able to teach not one, but three seventh grade class rooms.


I can honestly say that FEAR is not a huge factor for me anymore. Maybe because of believing in an Awesome God and Overcoming fear through prayer. Overcoming being in a classroom for more than an hour X3 and engaging them in activities and them actually loving it. The students reflection of me was tremendous. They wanted me to teach the class on a permanent basis. This really made me feel good.


I really feel I have grown more this semester than any other semester. Maybe, it's because of my mind set, Retiring in "2012", closing one chapter & begining another. So, I do understand how Dr. Rock feels to start a new chapter in life. It's like you have been giving a second chance to live. A chance that you never thought you could be given but it has been granted to you.

For the first time in such a long time I feel that my priorities are in order. I've been given a life sentence to ...LIVE!!!! I'm not afraid anymore, I'm stepping out on Faith, confidence, love and it feels really good. Almost like the Prince when he found Cinderella, his true love.

I have achieve observing & teaching, and I am set to teach 12th graders on Dec. 12th. I never dreamed that students would enjoy me as much as I enjoyed them. This was truly a revelation for me. I have my lesson in order for my 12th graders (Thanks to Dr. Rock) & I am excited about this workshop. I found myself saying some of the same things Dr. Rock has said to her students. This is going to be life changing!!!
I am also happy that once I "retire" I will have a job working with someone I love and admire! This is really been an incredible semester for me. Not just in this class but in my Anthropology 102 class. I have done some things in this class that I would have never done because of FEAR.
Conquering FEAR in one class has given me the ability to do it in another.

My husband doesn't really understand, right now, but that's ok.

The 3 things I enjoyed in this class:


1. The Professor


2. Conquering Fear


3. Working through challenges, and working with students


Professor Rock was one of the best professors & friends I have had. She is motivating,encouraging, engaging, caring, sincere, and loving.

The last 3 blogs, I have said how much I am going to miss her, & that hasn't changed. But what I do realize is that at some point in our lives we have to love and let go. When you let go it is exhilarating & refreshing for both sides. Hopefully, we will stay in touch, still communicate with each other. You have help me conquer my fears through interviewing & doing the thing I want to do. I am relieved that I have been diligently working through challenges & some of my biggest fears. The students in Leadership has been great & I really believe that ALL have received a lot from the class.


The 3 things I disliked in this class:


1. Interviews


2. More Interviews


3. Trying to figure out my goals/Planning Wall


I know this is crazy, but because this was a big Fear of mine I disliked interviewing until I saw the benefits in achieving this goal. It was hard asking people for interviews that you didn't know & I guess more because I was afraid of rejection. Afraid that they might have thought my questions were ridiculous.
Instead my questions were embraced & some of my role models kept giving me more & more information even when I didn't asked. It has been great.
I also, disliked the Planning wall it took forever to do this & when I was done it look like a five year could have done a better job.

The 3 things that can make this class better:

For you, To keep teaching it!!! So, here's a toast to you... I Love you & I will miss you, Best Wishes........Love, Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment