Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Budding System


First Steps:
This week was my Observation for the Saturday College Program. I can't tell you how much joy this brought me. On my way to the program the excitement grew and my heart start racing, and I begin for the first time to feel a sense of accomplishment toward my goals. It really felt good! As I parked the car & started across the street many memories came rushing back to me. Except this time I wasn't going there as a parent but as a future scholar. Seeing old friends, parents, & staff and the warm welcome they gave me had me warm & fuzzy all over. This gave me so much inspiration to pursue my TouchStone with love and compassion.

The Director asked me was if I nearing my journey and I replied "YES" AND I am retiring in "2012" with 29 more hours to go. I'm telling you I got this memorized in my sleep! I jokingly said "maybe I can come & work for you". Do you know what she said "Angela that would be wonderful". Wow, I didn't even anticipate a response at all, but just like Dr. Rock said "You must come out of your comfort zone" It feels really good to be able to do the things you have such a passion for. Even, if I fail it's OK just get back up & try again. Great advice I tell my kids this all the time but for some reason I didn't apply it to this goal.
Nevertheless, I observed (2) 7th grade classes Math and Language Arts. In Language Arts some of the students were energetic, and some were disconnected. Maybe because it was early, or they were not feeling it. I know my oldest son was one that hated to go. This was unfortunate because this program is so AWESOME! Especially for the ones who have a love for learning. I made all of my children go, but my daughter & my youngest son got the most out of it. My youngest would have really thrive had his brother would not have been such a negative influence for him. If he had took my daughter as a role model he would still be in the program. I truly love this program but this program is not for everybody.
My last observation was a 9th/10th grade science class. They just happen to be doing class presentations on case studies which were very interesting. the first group was not prepared and they stumbled all over their presentation. They were not knowledgeable of the case they were presenting & they had long pauses on their subject.I started to think back on my role models who said they wanted students that were prepared for class and ready to learn. I don't know how long they had for their presentations, and the teacher asked them before anyone started if they wanted to meet before they presented. They ALL said no!

Second group was well prepared, introduced themselves, spoke clearly and was very knowledgeable on the case they presented. They answered questions and wanted to present the other groups cases until the teacher stopped them. Enthusiastic & eager to learn this was great!!! I clearly saw the differences & I totally get it now. The information my role models gave was very insightful and helpful on all levels.
I still can't tell you which grade level I want to teach. But, this was the most incredible experience I have had.

I also, went to Dr. Rock so she could give me pointers on my lesson plan for Dec.
12th. She has given me so much inspiration over the years & she has shown me ways to better myself on all levels.

She has nurtured me & now she has open her hands & let me go... I know I am going to succeed in my dreams because she has shown me the way. We all know there is a time when our parents/teachers must let go and when they do we are afraid. Like myself but I am going to succeed beyond my wildest dreams. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!! I love you DR. Rock!!!!
Finally, Jennifer & I are on the buddy system but we have not had a chance to communicate. I failed to get her phone number so this is something we will be work on.
I am truly going to miss you DR. Rock!! I can no longer be your TA and this chapter is coming to a close but my heart is always open.........

No comments:

Post a Comment