Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get Into ACTION!


Lights, camera, ACTION! I can tell you the tasks that I needed to complete were to finally sit down & start my lesson plan for my upcoming Teaching experience @UIC Early Outreach Program. Barbara Sher is correct my planning wall has led me to the door & now it's time for action! But, my enemy of FEAR is overtaking me and holding me back. It's like Satan trying to manipulate me & making me think that I am not worthy of taking another step. I can tell you I don't want to feel like an idiot in front of the students and the program who have trusted me. I want to have a full hour of information that they can use. My mind is working @100 miles an hour, telling me, hey you should do this; No try this! It can be very challenging trying to accomplish this goal.

My first step was to ask Educators what would they do as an attention getter to start the class off. I've gotten some really good responses like do a survey to see how much they know, ask specific questions on whatever you are trying to convey, play a clip of a movie, play music. Well, I have not decided on that yet because I am trying to get as many responses as possible & if anyone that's reading my blog has any suggestions please comment on them @the end of this blog.

My second step was to come up with a concrete lesson plan that make sense in what I'm trying to do. Well, I can tell you FEAR has set in; but I managed to put something down on a piece of paper. Barbara Sher states I should prepare, be informed give instruction & most of all for me to rehearse. I don't know what I'm doing & I don't want the students to know that. I want them to say she was great when can she come back again. We'll have to see if that will be the case.
This chapter (9) is one of the best chapters for me because these are things I've asked myself. What I am going to wear; how do I act, & most of all what am I going to say? It really hits home!
However, I will get my kids to role play with me; I think they will be honest & they will help me tweak my worst & best case scenarios.
Finally, I will make an appointment to meet with Dr. Rock so, she can help me with my survival skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment